Together On A Purpose
Whatever we were able to do now and then, it was only because of people giving. Generously, sacrificially, joyfully, out of surplus or regular budget. Individual people, families, businesses, organisations, corporates, some government aided programs. Enabling us to do our Work of extending a helping hand and standing with us.
When you help an underprivileged person, you can be sure you’re investing in something very valuable: a life worth living! Sponsoring one of the home children or students with IIDA, you not only have the satisfaction of having helped and promoted the individual, but you have a chance to visit our projects and locations to ensure the effectiveness of your donation. You are very welcome!
Here are some ways how you can help. The figures are generalized, as the actual cost depends on the size of the college/branch and its total number of students/courses. They are meant to give you an idea of the overall cost. If you are in a position to cover a full year, that is appreciated. However, any contribution, full or half or any portion thereof can be given in instalments or as a one-time donation and is very much welcome – and needed. THANK YOU very much for your consideration!
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP AMOUNTS (may be sent in instalments)
- Community College Student, one year (without boarding): Rs. 36,000 or € 460, $ 510, £ 410
- Trainee in one of our vocational centres in carpentry, fitters, welders or tailoring trade, one year (without boarding): Rs. 48,000, € 620, $ 690, £ 550
- Board & Lodging for a Student/Trainee, one year (in addition to study and training cost): Boys/Girls Hostel Rs. 36,000 or € 460, $ 510, £ 410
- Child in IID children’s home, one year, Rs. 36,000 or € 460, $ 510, £ 410
- Child in IID Day Care Center, one year: Rs. 12,000 or € 150, $ 170, £ 140
- Donations for “wherever needed” or specified for infrastructure like classroom equipment, training tools, building maintenance, new buildings, office administration etc. are always very much welcomed.
The amounts can be donated by way of CHEQUE made in favour of “IID Association” and sent to the HO of IID Association in any currency (equivalent to above figures):
To Inter-Mission Industrial Development Association, No. 2, 6th Cross Street, Collectorate Colony, Aminjikarai, Chennai 60029
You can also send money by way of BANK TRANSFER to one of our 2 accounts:
1. For donations from Indian Donors and Non-Resident Indians: IID Association, Account No. 10031010178, IFSC Code: SBIN0006495 at State Bank of India, Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106. Please note that Indian donations are tax deductible under section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
2. For donations from non-Indian donors: IID Association, A/c No. 10144205603, IFSC Code: SBIN0006495, SWIFT Code: SBININ BB 105 at State Bank of India, Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106. Note: Please notify the donor’s name and address with the transfer order or by email to info@ iida-india.org
Non-Indian donors from Europe and the USA may get tax concessions if they sponsor via the accounts of our overseas partners (see below) or get in touch with us through email to email@example.com.
Another practical way of helping is through volunteering. Giving something of your time, energy, skill, attention and impacting lives through that directly. Whether you come from overseas (minimum period for first-time volunteers in India is 3 months) or from around the neighbourhood of one of our branches, we’re always in need of helping hands and supportive ideas! And it will impact and enrich your life too!
Want to know more? You’re welcome to get in touch with us through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
PROVIDING INTERNSHIPS AND PLACEMENTS
Industry and Institutions can help by providing Internships and Placements to students and trainees. Paying stipends during Internships or in-plant training will allow IID to give free or low cost training to poor students.