IIDA Community College, Vijayawada was inaugurated on 24-8-2015 after a long hard work for over 2 months by our President, Jochen Tewes accompanied by the Principal of IIDA Community Colleges, Bro. Muthu Kumar with a mission of “Empowering the underprivileged with Skill Training to improve their quality of life”.
History: To begin with the place at 4th Lane, Balaji Nagar, Vijayawada was donated by INTER-MISSION group from Germany through our President, Jochen Tewes for an orphanage, a home for poor orphaned children 27 years ago. Hundreds of children made their shelter in this place till April 2015. In May 2015 the management of this orphanage shifted the few left over children to another place and were kind enough to return the place back to Intermission.
volution: The land with two buildings were vacant and the Intermission leaders decided to transform this place to a community college and a skill training centre with some planning, renovation & development activities that took place after the decision at a Board meeting of the leaders. The College functioning started with two skill courses Computers & Tailoring. Lot of Publicity and promotion task was carried out for establishing the identity of college and recruiting students into it.
Today: After a journey of 3 years the college is running successfully and extends its courses for the students of different communities and standards for their skill development and helps enrich their standard of living.
The following are the courses offered:
- Diploma in Computer Education – 12 Months
- Diploma in Desk Top Publishing – 6 Months
- Office Automation – 3 Months
- Computer Awareness – 30 Days
- MS Office – 45 Days
- Photoshop – 45 Days
- Corel Draw- 45 Days
- Tally9 – 45 Days
- Functional English – 45 Days
- Spoken English – 45 Days
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy – 6 Months
- Advanced Diploma in Beauty Therapy – 6 Months
- Hair Styles – 45 Days
- Basic Tailoring – 3 Months
- Designer Blouses – 3 Months
- Dress Designing – 3Months
- Blouse Models / Blouse Making – 30 Days
- Fashion Designing – 12 Months
- Maggam Embroidery – 3 Months
- Hand Embroidery – 3 Months
- Mehandi – 30 Days
- Glass Painting – 30 Days
- Saree Painting – 30 Days
- Fabric Painting – 45 Days
- Model Craft – 30 Days
- Music Classes