Our first batch of X-ray Technician students:
It is a one year course offered by IIDA in partnership with SEHPL in Chennai to help students aspiring for health sector related skills training and job placement.
Who is an X-Ray Technician?
He/she is the skilled person behind the X-Ray machine taking the radiographs. His/her role is to ensure a good X-Ray is taken which will help the doctor to diagnose the disease. (S)He talks and explains the procedure to the patient and ensures the complete patient safety and care.
Topics covered include:
Understanding of the underlying principles of X-ray
- Radiation Physics and Physics of diagnostic radiology
- Overview of Anatomy and Physiology
- Positioning methodology
- Post processing techniques
- Patient care and handling
- Radiation safety
Confidence in operating X-ray machine (hands-on)
- X-Ray machine and accessories
- Familiarization with X-Ray machines from different manufacturers
- Basics of CT and MRI
- Basic computer training
- Soft skills training
- Management skills
- Spoken English
- Hands-on training on medical equipment
The outline of the course is as below :
- Classroom training (theory 400 hours and practical 200 hours)
- 1 month of observer-ship in leading hospitals/diagnostic centres/clinics
- 6 months of internships (1000 hours) in leading hospitals/diagnostic centres/clinics
- 1 month course review and preparation for examination
- HSSC examination
- 100% job placement assistance for successful candidates
Minimum qualification (any one of the below):
- 12th Std pass (Any group)
- No upper qualification limit.
- Age Limit – Up to 40 Years of Age
This course focuses on high employability. Career prospects for students are:
Stipend earning* during 6 months of internship (soon after graduation)
Placement assistance by SEHPL for all successful candidates in leading hospitals/diagnostic centres, with starting salary INR 10,000 – 12,000 per month
Job prospects in any private/government healthcare centre as a certified Healthcare Technician of NSQF Level 4 (NSQF – National Skills Qualification Framework by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship)
X-Ray Technician Course – Once employed, Radiographers can upgrade their skills (with further certification) to work on CT and MRI equipment, earning salaries INR 40,000-50,000 per month in 6-7 years.
Course Fee Details:
Registration fee of INR 1,500/- paid by student, by cheque/cash
Loan agreement fee of INR 200/- (towards revenue stamp paper) paid by student in cash
The rest of the course fee is provided by TATA Trusts as an interest-free educational loan, to be repaid by the student
The fee includes training, internship, examination, study material and certification
The fee excludes transportation, boarding and lodging
Loan repayment begins 1 year after placement, and is spread out over 3 years for easy EMIs
Program pricing for each course will be determined by SEHPL and will be intimated prior to commencement of each batch
Is there any selection criterion for enrolling to a program?
Students will be selected based on an entrance test conducted by GE HCI.